Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Vitamin Burgers Top 10 Rock Records Of 2011

10."Celebration, Florida"-The Felice Brothers   Roots rock done entirely right.


9."Demolished Thoughts"-Thurston Moore    If he keeps making records like this, I won't mind the SY break-up.


8. "Bad As Me"-Tom Waits    The best record from Tom in a VERY long time.


7."The Rip Tide"-Beirut    The most beautiful travelogue ever recorded.

6."David Comes To Life"-Fucked Up   The Punk version of Quadrophenia.

5."Bon Iver"-Bon Iver     Despite the hype, the most beautiful winter record ever.


4."Hurry Up, We're Dreaming"-M83    The sound of John Hughes crying.


3."Only In Dreams"-Dum Dum Girls    According to I-Tunes, my most played of the year.


2."Smart Flesh"-The Low Anthem     I can only cry so much.


1."Smoke Ring For My Halo"-Kurt Vile   J. Mascis and Bob Dylan in a civil union.

No comments:

Post a Comment