Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Buzz???


I am not an Oscar kind of guy. I don't usually watch the ceremonies, and it makes no difference to me if a film wins this coveted statue. But I did want to say a few things before they go down in about an hour or so. First, I think that it's a crock of shit that they have 10 films up for Movie Of The Year. This is just ridiculous, and I think it's the Academy's way of kissing ass to as many different film makers as they can. I also think that it's ridiculous that certain films are nominated because of how successful they are(Avatar). You cannot tell that if this film was not made by James Cameron that even a quarter of the people that saw it, would have done so. And had it been made by another film maker, would it have even been nominated? Lastly, I would like to say that I haven't seen many of the films that have been nominated this year, but I hope that The Hurt Locker wins! Not only because Kathryn Bigelow would be the first woman to win the award, but it's just a damned good movie! It honestly made me tense the whole film, and it let me know what those soldiers go through every day, fighting such a silly war. I would really like to see Crazy Heart, but I just don't go the cinema anymore. Now that people spend the duration of the film either talking(to each other or on the cell phone),texting, or eating a full course meal, it just detracts from my movie going experience, so I elect not to go. I would rather enjoy it in the comfort of my home, where I can be transformed to any magical place that director wants to take me.

2 comments:

  1. Ricky and I finally got around to watching "The Hurt Locker" last night. Amazing movie. And I agree, I was on edge the whole movie too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I am glad you guys liked it! I am not so hot on War movies, but this one was just awesome!

    ReplyDelete