Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, February 15, 2010

Heads Up(Great Band Alert):Those Darlins


Most people who know me, know just how passionate I can be about music. I have been known to burn 20 copies of a CD that I am infatuated with, and force them upon friends and family members, in hope that they will see that same thing I do in a band. There have been many of these bands, and I am sure that there be many more. But this time the band in question is Those Darlins. I am so excited about this band because they mix two of my favorite genres: country(of the real variety), and punk! Those Darlins are 3 girls with a guy drummer, and I have only listened to the CD twice, that's why this not a "true" review. But what references I can draw from listening those 2 times are: Loretta Lynn, Nirvana, Patsy Cline, Cheap Trick, The Muffs, and Freakwater. It's one of those records that makes you wanna take down the top, roll down the windows, and drive 90 miles an hour down a country road, all the while, singing these catchy as fuck anthems at the top of your lungs. I can can only urge you guys to download/or go to Youtube/or just go by the damn CD, and support these purdy' young things!

No comments:

Post a Comment