Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2012

V/H/S

If you have not seen the trailer above, then either your head has been in the sand, or you are not a Horror Movie fan. As you probably know, I am the latter. I have been obsessed with Horror Films since I was about 5 years old. I know that's a little young to start watching them, but as I am 40, and I haven't went ape shit crazy and killed people, I think I am OK. As most Horror junkies will attest to, after seeing so many of these films, we are desensitized to them. That doesn't mean we do not like them anymore, or we have to watch them less, it simply means that it takes a LOT more to get us excited, or to scare the shit out of us! This film, V/H/S, has me that excited!! I can't tell you exactly why either? I am not a huge fan of the found-footage sub genre, unless it is really great(The Poughkeepsie Tapes), or does something completely different. But something about when I see that trailer, the small hairs on my arms stick up, and I feel an aura of electricity around me. The same feeling I loved as a kid, when going to see Friday The 13th 4:The Final Chapter on opening night, you know what i mean. Of course, there are so many haters and armchair critics out in Internet land blasting the film already. That always cracks me up, especially when the film has not been released. I'm sure these dorks weren't blessed enough to receive a screener copy or anything? Any who? I am so fucking excited, I can't stand it, I want to see this movie BAD, and RIGHT NOW!! But, of course, like all new Horror Films, it is getting the shaft when it comes to releasing. It starts on VOD(Video On Demand) on August 31st, and then a small theatre release in early October. That means it will play in the 5 major cities in the US, and that's it, unless it does phenomenal numbers. Then it will be yanked off VOD with the quickness, and expanded theatrically. Anyone else not a hater, and actually excited about this aside from myself?/ Please leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment