Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Monday, October 12, 2009

Shriek Of The Mutilated(1974)


Sometimes I worry about my voracious hunger for bad movies. What do I actually get out of these films? There is no overt message in them, other than "look what we can do with a little money, and some courage". I think cinema is about being entertained, and I can be entertained in many different ways, but having fun is the best way, and bad movies are the best way to have fun.

I can't believe that I have never witnessed "Shriek Of The Mutilated" before!! It was made by Roberta & Michael Findlay, the pied pipers of garbage cinema. Anything that has their names on it, is guaranteed to be bad, and also guaranteed to be fun!! This one is about a group of college students who go an anthropology field trip with their Yeti-hunting professor. The professor has already taken several of these trips in previous years, and several students have been killed. Well, no sooner than they arrive at this mysterious cabin in the woods, do the kids start getting murdered by the hilarious looking Yeti!! This has to be seen to be believed!! As the number of kids dwindle down, the final students discover a horrible "secret" about the professor and his cohorts, this twist actually saves the movie from being one big laughable mess all the way through. I can't reveal the secret, but it's probably exactly what you are thinking. But if you are a fan of bad movies, there is no way that you should miss "Shriek Of The Mutilated".

1 comment:

  1. I haven't seen this one in years, but I have a rustly ol' vhs of it. It's an oddball for sure. I kind of like that it's so bad, because for some reason, it makes the movie a little creepy. Ah, Roberta. I've been told she is one pistol of a lady!

    ReplyDelete