Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Moving: The Blue Period.

        My friend, the lovely Amanda By Night, and I were just discussing our similarities in emotion after making really big moves lately. Amanda from LA to Maryland, and myself from Florida to North Carolina. When you have lived in a certain place for a long time, and you move to a new city, things will definitely change. This is what we have dubbed "the Blue Period". I am almost through mine, although Amanda stated that she is definitely still immersed in hers. But to her credit, I didn't move from a hot spot like LA! My partner Jeff and I are lucky enough to have two really good friends here, and we have made some more great ones. That helps a lot in that we are not totally alone here.
       That's the reason that the posts at Vitamin Burger have been really slow. I still have not started working, and that is a deafening blow to a man that has worked his whole life. You base your "worth" on your job, and how well you can provide for your loved ones. When you can't do that, you feel like a total loser! I feel like I have wasted the whole "creepy" month of Halloween, when I see how productive Meep over at Cinema Du Meep has been! Hopefully within the week, I will start my new job, and things will start looking up for me. Charlotte is a beautiful city, and there are definitely a bunch of creative things going on here. The concert schedule alone is enough to make me salivate. When I am able to attend some of them, I will be a happy man! So once again, I am asking my few loyal readers to stick with me, and things will start churning out again. Also, if you read VB regularly and you haven't signed up as a follower, please do so. When blogs try to get sponsorship, they look at things like that. I appreciate each and every one of you. Almost through the blue.

4 comments:

  1. And on behalf of your readers, we really so appreciate you. Looking forward to anything that might come our way from Vitamin Burger. Just keep the faith my brotha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's two things I hate with a passion: moving and job hunting. When the two collide, it has always been unpleasant -- but things eventually sort themselves out. Hang in there Mitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Meep, thanks so much for the kind words, they really mean a lot coming from you.

    @Aunt John, you are so right about the collision of the two. Hopefully I will be starting my new job soon(Saturday), and things will get more productive and creative on my end. Much love guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to comment on this forever and a day ago. I know things have picked up for you but I was glad to not be alone in my Blue Period! Best to you and yours! :)

    ReplyDelete